1. CALL TO ORDER
a.Executive Officers in Attendance
|Bill Feirabend||President|| |
|Wayne Jambois||Vice President|| |
|Sophia Wages||Secretary|| |
|Elaine Jacobs||Treeasurer|| |
|Representatives|| || |
|Lowell Hardwood||Clay Dusters|| |
|Don Williams||Clay Dusters|| |
|Phil Guisti||Claybreeakers|| |
|Dennis Oberg||Lassen Regulators||X|
|Jim Wages||Armorer|| |
|Benny Morrow||Range Coordinator|| |
|Scott Parks||Publicity|| |
|Karen Rose||Paiute Creek Renegades||X|
|Bill Reierabend||CMP|| |
|Vacant||Chief Instructor|| |
2. MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
Greg Valceschini, Matthew Denney, Thomas Page, Norm Scchwarz,
Walter Kirklin, Steve Anderson, Tony Chen.
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
4. TREASURER'S REPORT
Sierra Sportsmens's balance as 2/28/2023 - $18,968.99,
Trap Fiscal Report - 2/28/2023 - $11,415.52. (Reports Attached)
MSCU Benny Morrow/Jim Wages to approve Treasurer's report.
5. CLUB REPRESENTATIVES REPORTS:
no reports duee to weeather conditions.
6. NEW BUSINESS (Discussion/Action)
- MSCU Sophia Wages/Norman Schwarz to authorize 4-H students to
utilize range for free 1st Saturday in place of Lassen Regulators dates.
- MSCU Jim Wages/Scott Parks to authorize donation of $100 to
California Rifle and Pistol Association (CRPA).
- Purchase of Tape Recorder – The Club discussed the purchase of a tape
recorder in the event of the Secretary being absent. Jim Wages taped on
his phone and it worked great. No need to purchase for now.
- MSCU Sophia Wages/Walter Kirklin to schedule Spring/Fall Clean-up
dates – Tentative for April 29 and September 30 at 9:00 a.m.
- Website Report – Executive Officers names and contact information along
with Club Reps will be added to the front page of the Website.
- MSCU Sophia Wages/Scott Parks to change the Sportsmen’s Bylaws to
reflect a change in Sportsmen’s Meeting dates from the 2nd Monday of
March, June, September, December to the 1st Monday.
- MSCU Jim Wages/Sophia Wages to approve Dedicated 100 yard rifle
range – separate from other organized shoots. Discussion as follows:
Needs for sighting in deer rifles as they don’t have access to range.
Auxiliary range – 2-4 positions facing south off end of the College Post
Range. Need to do as much to accommodate members. MSCU Wayne
Jambois/Don Williams to have Wayne Jambois (volunteered) meet with
Dan Ryan of BLM in discussing the expansion and the steps needed to
accomplish. Concise mapping and explanation of plans will also need to
- MSCU Sophia Wages/Scott Parks to have Benny Morrow to research
the costs of renting or purchasing Men’s and Women’s Porta Potties at
the Range and report back at June meeting.
7. Other (Discussion/Information)
Scott Parks suggested that we meet with a BLM Wildlife Representative, (Dan
MSCU Elaine Jacobs/Jim Wages to adjourn meeting at 7:36 p.m.
Sophia Wages, Secretary